- VPSTuts is a free website of online educational resources. This is our user agreement that we make with you when you use our website.
- These terms tell you how you can use VPSTuts, please take a moment to read and understand them.
- If you don’t want to, or can’t, accept these terms, then you won’t be able to use the VPSTuts website. By using this website, you are agreeing to these terms.
- Occasionally we may update our terms and in turn we’ll post information about that on our site. When we let you know that our terms have changed, please read them to see how they affect you, as they will apply from the time they are changed.
2. Our content
- When we say ‘content’, we’re talking about all the content we’ve put on our website. This includes tutorials, tips, courses, screencasts, quizzes, and sample files. This does not include material that you or other users might post, but we’ll talk about that later on. In addition, we also own all the rights to the VPSTuts website content including its compilation, design, look and feel.
What can you do?
- We want you to enjoy our website content and learn from it. We give you permission to use the website in exchange for accepting our terms and complying with them.In legalise, this is called a revocable, non-exclusive license.
- You can use what you learn from our website for both personal and commercial purposes.
- You can freely use the techniques demonstrated in the content (that is, the knowledge you gain) for any commercial or personal purpose without saying where you learned it (attribution).
What can’t you do?
- You agree that you won’t redistribute, frame, repurpose or copy any of our content and you won’t use the content for any purpose that we have not expressly stated.
- The trademarks and logos displayed on the sites belong to VPSTuts or to others, and you must not use these without the approval of the owner.
3. Your content
- We’d like you to participate in the VPSTuts community! Often you’ll have the opportunity to comment or post on our website.
- You retain ownership of any intellectual property in your own content, but by posting it on our website you’re giving us permission (a license) to use it on our website. This permission includes allowing us to publish it (or not), to move it to a more appropriate forum, to store, modify or delete it.
Be reasonable when posting
- We find that our community is made of reasonable people who know what is and is not acceptable online. We have a liberal comments policy and do allow criticism of our website and its content so that we can keep improving our offering to you.
- But just to keep it clear, you agree that you won’t post anything that:
- is false, misleading, fraudulent, abusive, unlawful, harassing, obscene, defamatory, vulgar, or offensive;
- affects other users’ use or enjoyment of the sites;
- infringes others’ rights, including intellectual property rights or privacy;
- contains a virus, spyware, or other harmful component;
- discloses personal information about others, particularly sensitive information;
- contains commercial solicitation or ‘spam’.
- We retain the right to take down any user content for any reason at all without notice and without providing a reason. We’re not liable for any content posted by others on our sites.
4. IP including copyright
- Our businesses, and those of our authors, are based on intellectual property (IP) including copyright. We need to protect our IP so we can keep giving you access to awesome free content. We also respect the IP rights of others, particularly those who have been nice enough to let us use any of their material or digital assets on our site.
- Your use of content is restricted to the permission that we give to you that are set out in these terms.
- Please get in touch with us if you think your rights have been infringed by any content or materials on our website.
5. Helping to keep our tutorials free
- We don’t charge you to access our content on VPSTuts, but we do use some common strategies to help us pay our authors to create such great educational resources – these might include sponsored posts, affiliate programs, advertising and so on.
- While it will usually be easy to identify what is an advertisement or a sponsored post, sometimes other commercial relationships might not be so obvious. We want to be entirely upfront that some of these relationships, such as affiliate programs, might mean that we receive a commission if a purchase is made from a site we link to.
- It is up to you to make sure that any products and services you find using our sites meet your needs. We don’t formally endorse any third party products or services when we link to them. We don’t have control over anyone else’s website, business, representations or the quality of their products or services, so we can’t be liable to you for anything provided by others. But of course, we only recommend something if we think it is worthy.
6. Things you can’t do
In using the sites you agree that you will not:
- use a false email address, impersonate others, or misrepresent your affiliation with others;
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to computer systems or materials through VPSTuts;
- engage in automatic gathering of information from or through VPSTuts (such as “spidering”, “screen scraping”, “database scraping” or harvesting of e-mail addresses);
- attempt to interrupt or alter VPSTuts operation in any way (for example through sending mass unsolicited messages, “flooding” servers, or introducing a virus, time bomb, trojan horse, worm, cancelbot or other computer routine);
- use VPSTuts or any of its content in a way that violates applicable law, that violates the intellectual property or other rights of us or others, or that is fraudulent, obscene, offensive, misleading, or defamatory.
7. Legal speak
- We control and operate VPSTuts from our offices in the United Kingdom. The laws of England govern these terms, and you and VPSTuts submit to the jurisdiction of the courts there.
- VPSTuts is not liable to you for any loss, claim, injury or damage of any kind that is in any way related to your use of VPSTuts. To the maximum extent permitted at law, we make no warranty of any kind about the information or other content provided on the sites.