1. What information does VPSTuts gather?
We gather information that relates to, and can identify you (e.g. your name and address) and information that does not identify you (e.g. a visitor’s behaviour patterns when they visit our website). We collect information that does not identify you to evaluate our site, ensure that our site and services run properly and ensure we are paid for advertising services we offer. We might also collect your IP address through the placement of cookies (see sections 6 and 7 on cookies and their management, below).
2. How does VPSTuts gather information?
Information is gathered in three ways:
- via website logs
- via direct user interaction with our website (e.g. comment posting, etc.)
- via cookies
3. How do you decide how you want to hear from us?
Prior to the collection of any contact details we explain how we might contact you at some point in the future. We also give you the right to grant or withhold your permission for us to do so.
4. How does VPSTuts use your information
We might use your information in the following ways:
- to remember you when you visit our website and track your browsing patterns by using cookies;
- by contacting you by email to let you know about any of our products, services or promotions (which, in some cases may be provided by third parties) but only according to the permissions you give us;
- to ensure materials on the website or in apps are presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer or mobile device;
- to collate and log numeric internet addresses to improve the website and to monitor website usage;
- assess and understand customer feedback and identify usage hotspots;
5. What About Cookies?
We use the following types of cookie:
- Analytics cookies that anonymously remember your computer or mobile device when you visit our website. They keep track of browsing patterns and build up a profile of how our readers use the website. We might use that information to target advertisements to you on our website.
- Service cookies that help us make our website work as efficiently as possible; remember your registration and login details; remember your settings preferences.
- Third party advertising and analytics cookies, which are placed by or on behalf of independent advertisers who are advertising on our site. These cookies may be placed within the advertisement and elsewhere on our site. They are anonymous – they cannot identify individuals. They are used for statistical analysis by allowing the advertiser to count how many people have seen their advertisement or have seen it more than once. They might also allow the advertiser to tailor advertising to you when you visit other websites.
Please note, that we have no access to third party cookies and third party organisations have no access to ours. The third party organisations that place cookies have their own strict privacy policies.
The password you provide when registering with the website is encrypted to ensure protection against unauthorised access to your personal information.
9. Disclosing your information
We may disclose your personal information if we are approached by a potential buyer of our business, if we required to do so by law or in good-faith believing such action is necessary to comply with the law. We never sell personal information, or pass it to third parties for marketing purposes without your permission.
11. Changes to this Policy
If we change our Policy, we will post the changes on this page. Please check the website regularly for any changes to this Policy.